Breast Augmentation is one procedure women often choose to enhance their figure as it increases or restores breast size using saline or gel implants. Some of the reasons you might be considering an augmentation are:
- You want a better proportioned or more attractive figure. You believe your breasts are too small and/or you feel self-conscious wearing a bathing suit or low cut tops.
- You want your clothes to fit better. Clothes that fit your hips are too large at your bust-line.
- When pregnancy, weight loss or aging has negatively affected the size and shape of your breast. Your breasts have become smaller or less firm after having children or losing weight.
- To achieve symmetry in your breast if they are different sizes.
What are your choices when considering Breast Augmentation?
One of the most important choices you make in having a breast augmentation procedure is who is to be your plastic surgeon. Consider the asking the following questions when making your selection, and the answers should all be YES!
- Are you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform a breast augmentation?
- Is the office based surgical facility accredited by a national accrediting agency.
- Are you a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons?
Other questions you should be able to have answered are:
- Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation or breast enlargement?
- Where will my procedure be performed?
- What are my implant choices and where will the incisions be?
- Can I review before and after photos of the surgeon’s own patients to review results and see what might be appropriate for me?